Tuesday, July 1, 2008

All of ALA - Cheresse

I finally caught up on my sleep after four incredibly long busy days. I'll be posting more indepth information later on some of the programs I attended, but in short it was a great first time ALA Annual experience. I fit in about as much as I possibly could, and heard some great speakers on a variety of topics. This is what I'll be writing about:

Friday
  • Got Tweens? Serving Younger Teens & Tweens (Yalsa preconference)

Saturday

  • PLA 101 Annual conference tips for first time attendees
  • Exhibits
  • Public Programs in a Shoebox: What if you don't have a meeting room?
  • Teen Parents Raising Readers: Teen Staff Making it Happen
  • Science Fiction & Fantasy: Looking at Information Technology and the Information Rights of the Individual (it was a PACKED house, I had to STAND for the entire program)

Sunday

  • Beyond Gaming Tournaments (I just commented on Jessi's post)
  • Winning Over Boy Readers w/ California's Teacher of the Year (just commented on Jessi's post again)
  • Exhibits
  • Hey! I want to do that Too!: Gaming and the Elementary Age Child

Monday

  • Reference Services to Teens
  • Research Fuels the Author’s Fire
  • The American Drea @ Your Library (I just commented on Truc's posting)
  • Exhibits again
  • Proquest's Lunch & Learn (free lunch!!)
  • YALSA President program and Teen Third Space (I commented on Jessi's post)

No comments: