Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Just a Little More

I thought I was totally done with ALA yesterday, but since I was coming in to the conference center to have lunch with Josie, I thought I would stop at the exhibits hall one more time. Everyone says that they have a "fire sale" on the last day, but all the exhibitors looked like they were protecting their wares pretty well, and most of the books were for sale, rather than "free." I put the free in quotes because nothing is truly free and I will let you interpret that as you will.

However, I did get some cool tranformation pens from the Jan Way booth. Most of their teen oriented products were good, although a few looked like little kid stuff. They don't have the transformation pens on the website yet it looks like, but they are in the glossy pamphlet they gave me. But, they are expensive--1.99 if you order 250, so I doubt we will go there.

I also stopped by the Vernon booth and won a $25 coupon for their products. I somehow doubt that I will be using that. Especially since they gave me a lovely pen shaped like a syringe...seems like the worst idea ever. When I was a student teacher I was saddened to see a little boy pretending a pen was a syringe and that he was injecting himself with drugs.

I also stopped by some of the furniture exhibits. I wish I could get some teen-centric furniture after the Teen Third Space presentation I went to. The teen space at University is so limited in what you can do. Right now we have some *cough* lovely, stiff, high-backed chairs and a couple of low stools, which are at least useful.

Then I had a really nice visit with Josie and Truc before Josie had to leave for her flight.

No comments: