Monday, June 30, 2008

Hello from Northgaters...

Hi everyone-

This is Truc, LAII at Northgate. Just want to say a quick hello to all of my fellow SPL colleagues. I'm here with Josie Watanabe, teen librarian. We're staying at the Ramada Maingate on Harbor Blvd. If you're meeting up tonight, I'd love to join you guys. Probably best to reach me at my cell phone 859-7034.

Josie and I were at the Cultural Diversity Fair yesterday with Valerie Wonders. Many people stopped by to ask about our services.

Yesterday, I also saw an interesting presentation from Joe Jane at a LITA's section. He used the Central Branch and NET as examples of how we identify users, their needs and how we provide services that assess those needs. It's really nice to see how our libraries are portrayed at a major conference like this.

I've also attended several sections that focused on services to immigrants and refugees. These sections made me realized how far we have come with all the programs that are already existed at our libraries.

Ok, gotta go to my next section. Will blog more :-) Hope to see some of you around.

Truc

No comments: